Saturday, October 26, 2013

REVIEW: Edge of Never by J.A Redmerski



My rating: 5 of 5 stars

“I think if past lives are real then we have been lovers in every single one of them. I've known you for a short time, but I feel like I've known you forever.”





Love is indeed a special thing.
After reading The Edge of Never, I realized that love comes indeed when you least expect it.
If you’d ask me to describe this book in one word, I wouldn’t be able to.
I don’t think one word could grasp the beauty that I have found in this book.
It is very rare that you’d encounter such a book that would touch your heart in more ways than one.


The Edge of Never first follows Camryn Bennett as she takes a bus out to nowhere to think. A lot has happened to her and she feels that she needed a break from it all. So she sets off on her own, took a bus to Idaho with no clear plan on what she was going to do when she reached her destination.

On the way she meets Andrew Parrish. Andrew may seem like an outgoing and carefree guy at first glance. He was like the type of guy whom you’d think never faced a problem in his life. But behind all of that, he had some serious issues too just like Camryn.

Together they face the unknown as they head off on a road trip. A meaningless journey at first, but in the end turned out to be what both of them needed.




Gosh! Just writing this review brings tears to my eyes. No exaggeration on this one I tell you. This book was just amazingly beautiful. It was so perfect to me! I was so DAMN PERFECT!

I finished this book last Sunday night. Towards the end, I was so happy that things were going the way I wanted it to be and all of a sudden BOOOOOOMMMM everything that I hoped for to happen just started crumbling down. This shit happened during the last few pages and I started to cry and cry until my mom woke up and this is exactly how our conversation went:



I just couldn’t explain to her why I was crying. She left me to my misery and went to bed. I cried some more before I picked up where I left off and imagine my surprise! I was like “Holy SHIT! That was the BEST ENDING EVER!” I could not believe this story ended the way it did. It was just the perfect ending to the perfect story.




I would also like to say how much I love Camryn and Andrew. Yeah you got it right Camryn and Andrew. Not just Andrew. But of course, Andrew will always have my body, soul and everything else my heart! ^^, But yeah I do love them both. They were complex, flawed and very real characters. You might run into one Camryn or Andrew on one of your bus rides who knows? I would DEFINITELY sit beside an Andrew when I see one. Hahaha. Just kidding. But I do hope I run into one someday. ^^,


I liked Camryn. She was a little bitter and uptight. But who could blame her right? After all the shit that happened to her life she has the right to be bitter. I could relate to her more than I have ever been with any book character. I could feel her pain because I was there in her position before. I felt that kind of pain. I felt that kind of loneliness and emptiness. I wish I could go on a road trip like her for a while just to take my mind off some things but I couldn’t. Also, there is this part of her that does everything that she is told because it is what is expected of her. I could relate to that too. I am pretty hopeful that someday, someone would also make me feel alive. Someone who would make me feel like there is so much more to life than this. I want my own ANDREW!!! ^^, Before I move on to Andrew, I have to share with you guys a picture of how I imagined Camryn looks like:

*hot isn’t she? :p*

Now, here’s the LOVE OF MY LIFE! ANDREW! Yes, you got it right? I have another book boyfriend so suck it up! Hehehe. But seriously this guy has been amazing! I just don’t know where to start with this guy. From the moment I read about his green eyes and his insane love for music, he already got me. HEAD OVER HEELS! Mind you that was just the beginning! There was more. Oh my GOODNESS! That dimpled smile. That sexy laidback aura that he has. That rock hard abs. That f*cking tattoo that I want to see for real! OH GOD TAKE ME NOW!!! But all joking aside, this guy is really amazing. He was a sensitive soul that does not want to burden anyone else around him. He grew up hiding how he feels because that was what their father told them. There was so more to this guy than the gorgeous dimpled face, the abs and that Ooohhh sooo Gooooodd ***** I’ll leave something for you guys to imagine. So in my eyes, Andrew should look about somewhat like this guy down here:

*Makes me all wet hyped already looking at him! Isn’t he just gorgeous?!*
OH AND BY THE WAY HE’S ALSO:


CAMRYN + ANDREW = SEXY TRUE LOVE

These two kids are so wild it was just crazy! I couldn’t even concentrate on what I was reading because of all that talk and actions and all that crazy shit that I so love! JEEEZZZ! If you guys are thinking that this is sort of an innocent book, then you are in for a surprise!
They had a little of this:

AND MORE OF THIS:



These two can’t keep their hands off each other after the uhhhmm.. Well I don’t want to give out spoilers. Hahaha.
I’m sure you guys saw the pictures. This book has tons of mature contents that may not be for everyone especially teens younger than 17 so just a caution. 

Okay so this would be the last leg of my review because apparently it’s getting way too long already and I have to sleep because I have work tomorrow. Anyways, I just want to share with you guys a lovely song from One Republic. It’s called Stop and Stare. I’ll just share the first stanza so if ever you’re interested in hearing it, just youtube it. Here is goes:

This town is colder now, I think it's sick of us
It's time to make our move, I'm shakin' off the rust
I've got my heart set on anywhere but here
I'm staring down myself, counting up the years
Steady hands, just take the wheel...
And every glance is killing me
Time to make one last appeal for the life I lead


FINAL WORDS
Camryn and Andrew both have struggles and fears.
But they were able to both overcome it because they had each other.
Sometimes, what you really need is someone who will be there to hold your hand when you feel alone, to hug you and tell you everything is alright.
This story inspired me.
It made me believe that someday I’m going to meet that guy. That someone out there is waiting for me too.
Maybe on one of the buses I’ll be riding, he’ll be there, with loud music blaring on his ears, waiting for me.

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. Great review :D
    Loved all the pics you used*fanning myself*
    I really need to re-read this one before the release of the 2nd book =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks! :)
      me too! I couldn't wait to read more of Andrew.
      Hey I couldn't follow you back. What's your blogsite?

      Delete