Sunday, October 27, 2013

REVIEW: Twisted Perfection (Perfection, #1; Rosemary Beach, #3) by Abbi Glines



My rating: 5 of 5 stars


  "I don't want to destroy you," she whispered.
"Losing you would be the only thing that could destroy me."


REACTION AFTER READING THE BOOK

I was so NOT disappointed with this book!
It made me so freakin happy.



I think the title sort of describes this book very well.
It was perfection. Not twisted. But just perfection.
Also it left me completely satisfied and happy.
Why?
Because there was no cursed cliffhanger (at least on the relationship part) that a lot of authors nowadays seem very fond of.
And mind you too much cliffhangers could be quite annoying.
Sometimes it causes the readers to not wanna read the third one if it goes on and on.
Anyhow, like I said, this book satisfied me.

THE GIST

Della has a past that made me scared to live life as she should.
She kept a secret that she knew would shatter anyone who would get too close.
But her good friend decides she needs to stop thinking about bad things and start to live.
She lent Della her car so that she could go and have a shot at life.

Woods has it all.
He belonged to a wealthy family. He had the money. He had the looks to take any girl he wants. He was intelligent.
It may seem that he has everything but there was one thing he doesn't have; the freedom to choose what he wants to do with his life.

Unexpectedly, Della and Woods met.
They chatted a bit. They flirted a bit. And they both enjoyed an unbelievably amazing one night stand.
Woods left.
Della left.
They thought that was the end of the story.
But no...
After a few months, fate decides to intervene, they met again.
Will they be able to recognize each other?
Will there be a chance for them to be together?
Or will they just choose to forget what happened that night?

LETS MEET THE CHARACTERS

Della



I loved her. I seriously adored Della. She had a tough past but she tried to cope. She tried to forget all about it and move on. She tried so hard to keep everything to herself but we all know at some point someone is bound to know. Someone is bound to find out. I feel sorry for her after knowing what really happened. I want to hug her and tell her that everything is going to be okay that she will not end up the same way because she definitely won't. She just needs to remember that. The only thing that annoyed me was that she kept on thinking no one will be able to love her. WRONG! That is so wrong. What is it with girls and thinking no one will love them because of their past? It is just not true. Prince Charming is still out there and in Della's case.. It was Woods.

Woods



Oh sweet heavens! You just made me forget all about Rush. :) And mind you I'm not complaining. I already knew that Woods was a sweetheart when I read Fallen too Far. I knew there was something in him and I was so freakin' right. He was more than the amount of money he has. He was more than the goodlooks and the incredible body that he has. He was sweet, loving and a very passionate guy. I just couldn't find the words to explain how much I loved Woods. And honestly, I never once thought about Rush. Woods has always been dictated what to do and what to want but when what he really wants for himself came along he wasn't going to let that go. He was smart enough to go after what he needs and wants.

Tripp



Tripp is such a sweetheart. Okay so I thought at first he was going to be a problem but hey he is such a decent guy that even if he did come between Woods and Della, I wouldn't really mind. Tripp is a great friend and thought that he should deserve his own story too.

Braden and Kent

I seriously love them. Braden is such a good friend to Della and she should be forever grateful. Kent was just showed a couple of times but I still appreciate the support that he gave to his wife and Della.

WOODS + DELLA= THE HEAT IS ON



These two can't seem to get enough of each other. They want to touch each other as much as they could!
Alright I often don't like books with too much sex in it but this book is apparently another exception.

Woods was exactly what Della needed. He became her shield or her wall where she can rest her weary head at night to so that she wouldn't have those bad dreams.



And Woods doesn't disappoint Della, he actually made himself into someone who Della could always go to and trust. Its like he became an entirely different person. He is willing to give up everything that he owns, that he grow up with to be with Della. What more can you ask for?

These two has such good chemistry that I didn't feel with Blaire and Rush. Of course I loved them too but with Woods and Della it was different. It was just so much more. But again, too much sex. But I'm not complaining.

<

Oh did I forget to mention that Woods is an absolute darling here.



FINAL WORDS

I loved it.
I adored it.
I wanna reread it again and then read the next one.
I really wish the second book will be as good as the first one as I don't want Woods and Della's story to be upsetting.
I want them to have their happy ending as they deserve to be happy.
Woods deserve to make a choice for himself and Della deserves to see that life is not all black and whites, there are also in betweens.
I loved loved loved it.
It won't make your heart hurt because of a stupid cliffhanger so I guess that's a good example isn't it?
Final note on this one, yeah it was a bit predictable sometimes but what really annoys me as hell was the father. He is really a super EVIL! Tsk tsk. And I think he got what he deserves in the end. Bwahahaha.

Soo.. I really loved this book. I am really wait for the next one because I think there is soemthing more out there that needed to be addressed and figured out. Although its not a major cliffhanger but still, it will start the next book.

I'll be sharing one of my favorite lines from this book:

  "I was his future. He was mine. If I had a life with Woods to look forward to I knew I could fight whatever darkness that tried to take me. Before Woods I didn't know what I was living for. In my search to find myself, I'd found so much more. I knew now why I wanted to live. I understood love. I had found it."



And because I totally loved it, I'd give it:

 
 
 
 
 


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment