Sunday, December 22, 2013

Gabriel's Rapture (Gabriel's Inferno, #2) by Sylvain Reynard




My rating: 5 of 5 stars

 
    "I want to be your first and your last. I love you, Julianne. I offer you my heart and my life. Marry me. Be my wife, my friend, my lover, and my guide. Be my blessed Beatrice and my adored Julianne. Say you'll be mine. Forever."
 



I am smittened all over again!!
I am totally in love with Professor Gabriel Emerson!
I am now officially an Emerson addict!



I know I have tons of favorite books but this one.. Oh dear Lord!! It just sweeps me off my feet every fucking time! Everything about this book/series is just awesome.

The writing.
Gabriel Emerson.
The revelations.
Gabriel Emerson.
The characters.
Gabriel Emerson.
The fluidity of the story.
Gabriel Emerson.
The pace.
And last but not the least...
Gabriel Emerson!!!!

Oh did I just fail to mention that I am absolutely in love with Gabriel Emerson??!

Excuse my addictive rambling.
Let me give you a gist of the what Gabriel's Rapture is about.

THE GIST

They thought the hard part of their relationship was over.
They thought that now that they found each other again, everything was going to be perfect..



But they were wrong...
Things weren't as perfect as they think it was.

Gabriel and Julia spent their holiday in Italy where they were starting to discover the wonders of making love.


How every touch.
How every kiss.


How every movement affect both of them in wonderous ways.
And how every day, they found more reason for them to love each other.

But what was waiting for them back in the US was something they both weren't expecting.
Their past is slowly catching up to them.
Secrets are coming up in the open and there is nothing either of them could do about it.
Miscommunications.
Mistrust.

Will this trial make their relationship stronger or will it tear them apart forever?


LET'S TALK ABOUT THE CHARACTERS

I'd have to say that I am so proud of Gabriel. He really showed how much in love he was with Julia and how much he was willing to change. *swoon* His actions and his words gripped me so many times. *swoon*


He moved me to tears. I remember the last time I cried this much was when I was reading the Fault in Our Stars and that is saying something.


Oh dear Gabriel! Take care of me instead!

Julia however disappointed me. At first she was okay, she seem to be the same girl I loved and adored on the first book but come the second half of the book, she was becoming a little bit annoying. She lacked trust.

 
    "You promised you'd never fuck me. But what about last night? No words, no I lovee you, not even a note or a text this morning. Is that all it was to you? A goodbye fuck?."


She said she loved Gabriel but I guess it wasn't enough for her to trust her. It's hard for a relationship to work if there is just love and no trust. That is a recipe for disaster and I guess which was exactly the case on this book. She didn't trust him to much and that hurt not only Gabriel but also herself.

I was disappointed with Julia but still I was happy with their relationship. I've had tons of favorite book couple but right now Julia and Gabriel are on the top of my list.



They were sensual in a very beautiful way. It was never too much nor too little. And when they make love, they really make love and not just sex. When there were sex scenes, you'll never once feel that it was just that for them. They were full of passion, love and complete surrender. As you read, you'll feel Gabriel's love exploding through the pages. You'll feel how much he worships and adores Julia which gets me really envious loads of times!!! What I wouldn't give to have my own Professor Emerson!!

Gabriel was a real revelation. There was a complete 360 degreespin to his character. Okay that was a bit of an exagerration. Lets say 300 degree spin. He still has those slight imperfections that are very handy at times especially when Julia's in trouble with people who couldn't seem to let her be happy. *not spoiling this one* Gabriel in this part would really blow you away and leave you breathless at least that's what he did for me. He was perfection.



I just love him. Absolutely love him! I bet you can tell by my last name. :)

FINAL VERDICT

What are my final thoughts on this?


This was just as amazing as the first one if not more. I couldn't still grasp on how beautiful it was written. In this book, there was just too many lines to quote, too many heartwarming scenes to memorize and note down. I really really loved it.

One of the things that I loved about this book were the antagonists. They are just devious. Especially Crista! If there was one person I would very much enjoy killing, it would be her. I even hated her than Natalie or Simon. At least Simon learned his lesson. Now he knows better than to mess with Gabriel's girl!! *swoon*

The thing I noticed about Mr. Reynard's books are the pacing. He hasten some parts and then slow down on some. It works for me really. I'm kind of having a heartattack a lot of the time when I feel that something should be happening but there's none. I was panicking. I was wondering what was going on with Gabriel and why did he do those things he did. Like Julia, I doubted for a little bit but I knew.. I knew there was an explanation.. And boy was I happy!! I was really really happy!


The story dealt about Gabriel and Julia sure but he made sure that the secondary characters have their share of the spotlight too. Like Natalie, Simon, Crista, Rachelle, Paul and Richard. All of them has their backstories told. Even though they weren't the main characters you'll see some scenes more focused on them that the 2 MCs.

So what else? Oh yeah did I ever tell you guys that I am absolutely smitted by Gabriel.


Oh did I say that already? Cool! I LOVE HIM!!! LOL. Yeah fine I'll shut up now.

For those of you who haven't read this yet.. PLEASE DO!! I'm begging you! I want to share with you guys this amazingly addicting and hypnotizing book. It's just amazing. Hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I'm re-reading your review. I guess I miss Gabriel too much. Hahaha!
    I nominated you Sandee on Liebster Award. :)
    http://beatricemasalunga.blogspot.com/2014/01/liebster-award-1.html

    ReplyDelete